Saturday, July 28, 2012

How much clothing does a newborn baby need?


My sister sent me a text the other day completely baffled by how many outfits they would need to purchase.  I am blessed to have a small stock of clothes built up from the first two girls that will be able to get me started with my third.  I am also blessed with a great friend that has a daughter six months older and willing to pass along clothes.  But with an amazing 40% off everything Carter's online/in store deal currently running, who isn't able to resist purchasing a few more outfits.  I also have a code to receive an additional 20% between the dates of August 1st and 31st- code=(AUGUST)

Baby Girl Layette
Newborn to 3 month checklist
10-15 bodysuits/onesies
4-6 pants
2-4 gowns
6-8 footed sleepers
4-6 blankets
4-6 bibs
6-12 washcloths
2-3 towels
4-6 booties/socks
2-4 caps

Be careful not just to go by age when buying clothes.   My daughters were always longer than "typical" at each age range and were always a few sizes above where clothing labels suggested.  For the size ranges were discussing here, double check the weight and length below:

Newborn- 5-8lbs, 21.5 inches
3 months- 8-12.5 lbs, 21.5-24 lbs

The easiest way I found to shop was to click this link:
http://www.carters.com/carters/carters-little-layette-shop,default,sc.html

When you click it, it will provide you with a checklist of everything you need for newborn to 3 months.  There is also a section for 6-9 months.  Scroll over the items you need, select one, then click the gender you need and it will take you to a listing of items currently in that section. 



Check it out soon, before the sale expires! The Little Sweetie Collection was a must have for us and I purchased it for my sister, also~


                                            
Do you shop at Carter's?  What is you current favorite collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment