Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Is Mommy ready for Kindergarten?


We often discuss, "Is your child ready for kindergarten?"  or find lists that discuss Kindergarten readiness.  I have yet to find the check off list to see if Mom is ready for Kindergarten?  My five year old is off to kindergarten this year and although she is ready and prepared according to all the popular checklists and assessments, I'm NOT.  I am fortunate enough to be able to volunteer at the girls' school, but it's still not enough.  What am I supposed to do all day long?  Now, I won't be home alone long, we are expecting in October and I will be definitely be occupied once she arrives.  Until then, how do I fill my schedule, who do I talk to, what about when the house is already clean, bills are already paid, errands have already been completed.  What do I do when everyone else is at school or work?

Maybe, I'll have long lunches with friends.  Go grocery shopping during the day when it's not busy and no one's throwing extra items in the cart. Have a cup of tea on the porch.  Take a nap.  Breathe

This may not be as bad as I thought...

4 comments:

  1. I hope you thought of more things to do while your baby is in kindergarten. My niece started this year too and it's hard to think that she's gone for a good part of the day, the first week was hard and now i'm actually enjoying those hours of peace and quiet especially since i'm on my 3rd trimester with my baby boy :)

    liz.ticona@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on expecting your baby boy! We don't have any of those around here. It's getting slightly easier. My house is definitely cleaner as I've filled my time organizing and arranging for the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! This really hits home. My granddaughter is going to kindergarten and her mom (my daughter) Is having the same feelings. Although, like you, she has seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Time with friends and coffee at Starbucks. She definitely thinks she can fill the time well.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really don’t care when you get peed on. My pregnant self wouldn’t believe that i just said that.
    But I would love to hire Pregnancy Massage For My Health!!

    ReplyDelete