Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Making Crayons

Crayon Art
Ever wonder what to do with all those broken crayons?

Materials needed: crayons, baking mold, oven

We had a ton of crayons laying around the house, so we decided to turn our old broken crayons into new fun shapes.  To do this we took a heart shaped baking pan. We removed the paper from the crayons and put them into the baking mold.  


We turned the oven to 350 degrees and put them in.  After about 7 minutes they were completly melted, so I pulled them out to cool.  I didn't put them in the fridge or freezer, simply left them out on the counter


It took about 20 minutes for them to cool and I popped them out of the baking mold.  The girls played with their NEW crayons for a good hour!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to make these (or other shape). Where did you find the baking mold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to do this! Thanks for sharing and giving me the reminder!

    ReplyDelete